Silent Spirit (CC-Spirit-01)
Intel Socket 775, 1366*, 1155 and 1156:
CPU: All Pentium D/ Pentium 4, All Celeron D, All Pentium Dual-Core/ Extreme, All Core 2 Extreme/ Core 2 Quad/ Core 2 Duo, Core i7 920*, (Not recommended for Corei7 940 - 975 CPU)
AMD Socket 754/ 939/ 940/ AM2/ AM2+/ AM3/ FM1:
CPU: All Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64, All Athlon 64 FX, Opteron, Sempron, Phenom up to 9850BE, Phenom II up to 920, (Not recommended for Phenom II 940 and 955 CPU)
All brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Design Concept of Silent Spirit:
a) Fan Structural Design
The top-flow cooler “Silent Spirit” follows an open frame structure concept whereby both design and dimensions have been improved to eliminate humming and buzzing noises while maintaining a compact overall size. The 92mm fan has been chosen for silent operation and high airflow and comes with an intelligent PWM control to allow users to set the fan speed in their BIOS accordingly. In addition the anti-vibration fan mounts are made of high quality rubber thus guaranteeing a long life span even during high temperatures.
By precise calculations and proven by prototype tests during the development stage, GELID's product developers concluded that
1. the optimal distance between the upper holding rib and the Silent Spirit fan blade is around 5 to 5.5 mm to achieve minimum turbulent flow caused by the upper support rib at minimum height.
2. the optimal distance between the side support rib and the outer diameter of the Silent Spirit fan blade is around 9 mm to achieve lowest turbulent flow caused by the side support rib.
3. the location of two cable guards must be especially designed to protect the fan impeller wedge by cables and provide max space for incoming air with minimum resistance from the fan holder structure.
4. thanks to the GELID intelligent PWM control technology it is possible to keep silent operation at low CPU temperature and to accelerate the fan speed when the CPU temperature becomes higher.
Caption: Non-linear GELID Intelligent PWM Curve
5. Four rubber fan mounts should be used to absorb even the slightest vibrations from the running fan.
Caption: Anti-Vibration Rubber Fan Mounts
b) Heatsink Structural Design
The cooler fan is installed on the heatsink at an optimal position and angle to maximize the utilization of cooling air to cool the heatsink.
Caption: Optimal Position & Angle of Cooler Fans on Heatsink
The design of heatsink body contains two major elements a) unique fin architecture and b) heatsink orientation angle.
Caption: Unique Fin Architecture & Heatsink Orientation Angle
1. The precise calculated fins arrangement and architecture can help the air from the cooling fan evenly flow and pass through all areas of the fins to maximize the air cooling performance.
Caption: Unique Fins Arrangement and Architecture
2. Unique heatsink angle can help to cool the components around the CPU but without generating back flow of air. Also, the deliberate angle and the heatpipe arrangement can provide constant liquid circulation inside the heatsink at any orientation of heatsink to ensure the stability of heat transfer.
Caption: Unique Heatsink Angle to cool the Components around the CPU
3. Four high performance heatpipes soldered on the copper base at full round shape, which can ensure heat generated by single core, dual cores or quad cores CPUs can evenly distribute to 4 heatpipes.
Caption: 4 Sintered High Performance Heatpipes
4. The nickel plated aluminum heatsink connected with the heatpipe and copper base by soldering to ensure heat transfer area of heatpipe can be fully utilized and also prevent heat accumulation problem at low fan speed like traditional tower heatsinks.
Caption: Nickel Plated Aluminum Heatsink
MSRP: USD 35 / Euro 27